Fire alarm systems are not only a good idea, they’re also required by law. If you run a commercial or industrial facility, you need to have a functioning fire alarm system to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
Of course, fire alarm systems also offer other practical benefits. Here are some of the most important:
- Stay code compliant: Even if your building never experiences a fire—and everyone certainly hopes for that outcome—you’re required to have a fire alarm system in order to stay code compliant. You may never see a fire on your property, but building inspectors will periodically check to ensure you’re in compliance. If you’re not, you could be subject to hefty fines and other discipline. It’s best to invest in a great fire alarm system at the outset, and maintain it over time.
- Reduce response time: When a fire breaks out, every second counts. Many modern systems automatically detect fire, and can trigger sprinklers to go off. They may also alert the fire department to the situation. This cuts down on the time in between breakout and suppression, which can offer dramatic results.
- Prevent loss of life: If you or anyone else is on the premises when a fire occurs, it can put your lives in danger. Nothing is more important than guaranteeing the safety of your employees, colleagues, clients and visitors. Fire alarm systems are crucial in alerting people that there’s a problem. With the right sprinklers, exit signs and fire extinguishers, you’re much less likely to lose someone to a disaster.
- Prevent property loss: Obviously, human life is the most important thing, but property loss can be devastating as well. When you have an appropriate fire alarm system, it can help cut down on fire damage to your property. Your alarms will encourage people to leave the building, and automatic sprinklers can help fight damage until the fire department arrives.
- Shorten recovery time: The faster your alarm system works, the quicker your business’s recovery time is likely to be. Once the smoke clears, your next goal will be getting back to work as soon as possible. Naturally, the less damage the fire was able to cause, the faster you’ll be able to fix the building and get back to normal.
- Get insurance discounts: Finally, installing and maintaining a quality fire alarm system usually nets you some insurance discounts. After all, anything that limits how much they’ll have to pay out is a win for the insurance company. As a result, you’ll enjoy bigger discounts, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re protected.
Fire alarm systems can be as simple or elaborate as you choose. The most important thing to consider is how well they protect your building and its occupants. Many commercial and industrial business owners design custom systems to meet all of their needs.
When you’re ready to create the right fire alarm system for your building, call the team at Anchor Safety Inc. We’re standing by to keep you safe.
Categorised in: Fire Alarm System
This post was written by Writer