With nearly 190,000 vehicle fires reported last year, it’s a mistake to think that drivers don’t need to carry an extinguisher at all times. There’s no telling when or where a fire may break out, so drivers should always have a vehicle fire extinguisher in Longview, TX on hand and ready to use.
Unfortunately, choosing the right fire extinguisher can be tricky if you don’t know what to look for. If you’re unfamiliar with fire extinguishers, keep reading—this post will teach you what to look for in a vehicle fire extinguisher:
- Proper classification: Dry chemical fire extinguishers are your best bet when it comes to car fire extinguishers. These models can extinguish flames caused by combustible materials, flammable liquids and electricity. It’s important to note that the agent in the extinguisher may damage an engine, but that’s nothing compared to the danger posed by car fires.
- Weight: It’s true that a larger fire extinguisher is capable of handling a bigger flame. That said, a 25-pound extinguisher is impractical to both use and transport in your car! We recommend a 2.5-pound model that’s easy to operate and fits in almost any vehicle.
- Shape: Your extinguisher should have a compact shape that makes it easy to store. Long cylindrical extinguishers are the go-to shape for most vehicle fire extinguisher.
- Body: Just because the body is small doesn’t mean it’s weak! Look for an extinguisher made of aluminum. These models are corrosion free and can take a beating without being damaged.
- Accessibility: The extinguisher should come with a mount, clips or another device that allows for easy accessibility. After all, you need to be able to grab and use your extinguisher in a hurry!
- Warranty: Finally, look for a model with a warranty. This will protect you from any faulty manufacturing and is a sign that you’re buying an extinguisher from a reputable brand.
Come to us if you need a fire extinguisher
Drivers in need of vehicle fire extinguishers in Longview, TX know to buy from Anchor Safety Inc. Here’s how we can help:
- Reliable extinguishers: You want to know that your extinguisher will be reliable and ready to use when needed, so buy one from us! We only carry top-of-the-line and ready-to-use models. In addition to selling reliable extinguishers, we also inspect them to ensure your current one will still be capable of putting out a fire.
- Affordable prices: There’s no reason to break the bank on a fire extinguisher. At Anchor Safety Inc., all of our units are affordably priced on any budget. We guarantee you won’t find a better deal anywhere else!
- Helpful employees: Shopping for a fire extinguisher can still be confusing, even if you already read through this post. That’s why we’re here to help! We can answer any questions you may have about our various extinguisher models.
The choice is clear the next time you need to buy a vehicle fire extinguisher in Longview, TX: contact our team at Anchor Safety Inc. Regardless of the type or size of extinguisher you need, we’re sure to have it in stock!
Categorised in: Fire Extinguishers
This post was written by Writer