There are many different kinds of fire extinguishers, which are designed to put out certain types of fires. For example, what works well on an electrical fire may not put out a cooking fire. It’s important that users get the right kind of fire extinguishers for the fires they’re most likely to encounter at their home or business.
Halotron I is an extinguishing agent in Longview, TX that was created to replace a popular extinguishing agent that was harmful for the ozone. Its clean operation makes it a safer choice.
How Halotron I works
Halotron I uses HCFC-123, which is mixed with tetrafluoromethane and argon. The latter two elements help propel the extinguishing agent from the fire extinguisher at distances up to 45 feet. The extinguishing agent is designed to put out fires without leaving behind a coating or residue, which can affect equipment and leave a bigger mess to clean up.
Halotron I becomes a rapidly-evaporating liquid when it’s ejected from the fire extinguisher. It has a relatively high boiling point as compared to other “clean” extinguishing agents, allowing it to cover more distance before it evaporates. This makes it easier for amateurs to put out the fire.
Here’s a closer look at Halotron I’s benefits:
- Easy to use: Some clean extinguishing agents evaporate before they can cover enough ground, which makes them ineffective for all but experienced firefighters. Most people don’t have to deal with home or workplace fires more than once, so it’s worth getting Halotron I to make up for their lack of experience.
- Doesn’t leave a mess behind: Clean extinguishing agents are designed to put out fires without leaving residue behind. Whereas traditional agents like Purple K and ABC Dry Chemical leave behind white powder or other byproducts, Halotron I has been proven to put out fires without making an additional mess.
- Safe and effective: Halotron I has been extensively tested in Longview, TX and beyond to ensure it will not harm human health, and consistently delivers effective, thorough extinguishing results. The throw length tends to be longer than other clean extinguishing agents, and its higher evaporation point makes it useful for longer periods of time.
- Better for the environment: Halotron I was designed to replace extinguishing agents that used Halon 1211. Using Halotron I instead of Halon 1211 reduced harmful emissions by 96 percent. Halotron I has been in use since 1992 and remains one of the most popular extinguishing agents available. It has been extensively tested by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as part of its Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) program.
- Over 30 varieties available: Unlike other clean extinguishing agents, Halotron I is available in over 30 different extinguishers, which is approximately twice the number of other clean agents.
- Puts out several types of fires: Halotron I is effective in fighting against Class A, B and C fires (although certain agents are more effective for Class A fires).
Anchor Safety Inc. can answer all your Halotron I questions in Longview, TX and help you find the right fire prevention and suppression tools for your needs—call us today!
Categorised in: Clean Agent Systems
This post was written by Writer