We all know that water is effective in putting out fires, but it’s not always the right choice. Sprinkler systems can save a building, but they can also damage expensive electronic equipment or art and documents in the process, and certain types of fires don’t respond well to water at all. When you have a lot invested in your business, you don’t want your fire suppression method to cause just as much or more damage than the fire itself.
Waterless fire suppression systems in Longview, TX are a smart choice for businesses that rely on extensive and expensive electronic equipment and other water-sensitive documents, equipment and goods. They’re safe, non-toxic, won’t hurt the environment and, of course, are effective in suppressing fires before they can spread. Some waterless fire suppression systems are even faster at detecting fires than traditional sprinkler systems. Could a waterless fire suppression system be right for your building?
How do waterless fire suppression systems work?
Waterless fire suppression systems rely on gas suppressants to fill the room when a fire is detected. The gas expands throughout the room and smothers the fire, often before it can even reach the flame stage. Since it’s a gas, and not a powder or water, it leaves no residue behind and won’t damage electronics or important documents. This makes it ideal for museums, IT departments, laboratories and other places where water would be likely to cause just as much damage as a fire.
Here’s a closer look at the benefits of waterless fire suppression systems:
- Detect fires faster: Waterless fire suppression systems in Longview, TX can detect fires even faster than traditional sprinkler systems—smoke alarms have to detect smoke before they send a signal to the sprinklers. Waterless systems detect the fire sooner, and then deploy the gas. Because it’s gas, it can expand to fill an entire room and suppress a fire faster.
- No residue left behind: Clean extinguishing agents ensure that your possessions aren’t coated with damaging residue, making cleanup a lot easier.
- Protect your important items: When your building is full of things that would be subject to water damage, sprinkler systems don’t make much sense. You might put out the fire, but you’ll still lose your equipment and goods. Waterless systems are designed to prevent that possibility.
- Environmentally sustainable: Waterless systems have been extensively tested and proven to be safe for the environment. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) not only approves them without usage restrictions, but notes that they have zero ozone depletion potential.
- Reduce building downtime: The speed with which waterless systems can detect and suppress a fire makes them superior suppression systems. Reports of extinguishing fires in less than 20 seconds highlight how useful they are—if a fire happens, the damage will be minimal, reducing your company and building downtime as the area is cleaned.
- Safe and effective: Finally, waterless systems are completely safe for humans, and overall deliver extremely effective results for several types of common fires.
Are you interested in installing a waterless fire suppression system in Longview, TX? Anchor Safety Inc. can help—call us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Fire Suppression Systems
This post was written by Writer